"Price Source" option in asset report

Ekkehard Goerlach e.goerlach@computer.org
03 Jan 2003 20:20:15 +0100

I have a problem when I select "Most recent" as the price source in
the Asset Piechart Report. All the funds or share accounts for which
prices were entered in a currency different from the reports currency
disappear. (The trace in 1.7.6 issues a warning like

gnc:exchange-by-pricedb-helper: No price found for 944.75 FUNDX into
CHF 0.00).

They are, however, visible if I select "Weighted average". In this
case the trace warns (for the same fund):=20

gnc:resolve-unknown-comm: can't calculate rate for 117.069 FUNDX to
CHF 0.00)

The behaviour is the same in the 1.6 and 1.7 series of gnucash. What
*is* different is that in 1.7.6 I see the number of shares in the
Accounts window (with the commodity name up to the first space as the
"currency"), whereas in the 1.6.8 I see the corrsponding value.

Can I enter share/fund/currency prices in a way that gnucash finds its
way from number of shares to value in 1st currency to currency of the
report ?

Thanks for any help,
Ekkehard

--=20
Ekkehard G=F6rlach                    Tumringerstrasse 287
e.goerlach@computer.org             D-79539 L=F6rrach