help

Cam Ellison cam@ellisonet.ca
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 14:44:53 -0800

* Scott Russell (scott.russell@earthlink.net) wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to turn OFF the double accounting stuff!!!! I
> hate it. I just want to balance my checkbook. I don't want to balance
> every other account in the world, so that GnuCash will shut
> up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>=20

You can't.  It is in the nature of Gnucash.  If all you want is to
balance an account, gnucash is overkill.  If, on the other hand, you
want to keep track of where your money is going, then double-entry
(and gnucash) is the way to go.  It really is not rocket science.

Good luck

Cam

--=20
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.