Install problem 1.7.7 - ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link

Georg Roesler groesle@gwdg.de
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 19:40:35 +0100

Conrad Canterford schrieb:
> On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 01:06, John Reynolds wrote:
> However, when you say that you did a make install, was it the make
> install that failed, or are you seeing this same error when you run
> gnucash:
>

>>ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
>>ERROR: file not found
>

> I'm afraid that its a bit late in the evening (morning) for me to spend
> the time looking and my brain is somewhat fuzzy at this point. However,
> I seem to recall that there are specific suse issues that may be the
> cause of this.
>
> If that doesn't help, please give us more information on the exact
> failure with the 'make install'.
>
> Goodnight.
>
> Conrad.

Hi,

I had the above error too. I'm working with an updated Mandrake 9.0 box.
This error exists, when I did 'make install'. The new directory
lib/gnucash is only root-readable, so the files in lib/gnucash can not
be read by an ordinary user. I don't know, where these rights are set.
But removing the directory and installing it again with 'make install'
results in proper rights (755).

Bye

Georg