OT - libgal issue

John Reynolds gnucash@reynj.fastmail.fm
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 22:26:24 -0500

On Thu, 09 Jan 2003 09:22:20 -0500, "Dwayne Miller"
<dmiller@espgroup.net> said:
> I'm trying to install the rpm for gnucash, but it tells me that
> libgal.so.19 is required.  So I get the latest GAL rpm from RedHat and
> try to intall it using something like  (rpm names are truncated since I
> can't remember the exact names)
>
> rpm -i gal-0.19.....
>
> it responds with 'already installed'.  Then I try to uninstall it using
>
> rpm -e gal-0.19...
>
> it responds with 'not installed'.
>
> This makes no sense to me.  When I enter 'locate libgal'  it returns
> some older libgal files, something like libgal.so.7.
>
> Anyone provide this Linux newbie with some assistance?
>
> Tks

Dwayne,

Have you installed gal-devel as well as gal?

I can't speak to your -i vs. -e rpm problem... but if the devel packages
are installed you should be set. Let the list know how it works out , and
if it doesn't go well then prehaps someone smarter than I will answer.

John