OT - libgal issue

David Hampton hampton@employees.org
09 Jan 2003 20:19:50 -0800

--=-CQKApakOvsWDxdHqkaGY

On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 06:22, Dwayne Miller wrote:
> I'm trying to install the rpm for gnucash, but it tells me that=20
> libgal.so.19 is required.  So I get the latest GAL rpm from RedHat and=20
> try to intall it using something like  (rpm names are truncated since I=
=20
> can't remember the exact names)
>=20
> rpm -i gal-0.19.....

You want libgal19, not gal-0.19.  Here's what I have installed:

	gal-0.21-1
	gal-devel-0.21-1
	libgal19-0.19.2-4
	libgal21-0.21-1

Redhat apparently went to the libgal<xx> naming scheme just so they
could support multiple versions, instead of forcing a flag day when all
applications using libgal had to be updated at once.

David

--=-CQKApakOvsWDxdHqkaGY

--=-CQKApakOvsWDxdHqkaGY--