Downloading

Jim Kalafut Jim Kalafut" <jim@kalafut.net
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 19:24:30 -0600

>As far as I know in Canada, there is no bank that has an OFX server like is
described here.  Everyone *has* to go to the bank web site and >download.
However the file extension is associated with Money/Quicken, so that instead
of being prompted to save to disk, it just fires up >Money and imports.
Couldn't GnuCash easily do the same?

Yes, for those particular cases.  My accounts are all over the place
concerning what support they offer.  Shell Mastercard supports only browser
download, Citibank supports both browser & integrated download, and Netbank
will only let you direct import.  I've written Netbank with the request that
they offer a download link, but I feel like that will be about as fruitful
as writing Intuit regarding a Quicken bug.

Regards,
Jim