Downloading

ghaverla@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca ghaverla@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 18:46:11 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Jim Kalafut wrote:

>                      Shell Mastercard supports only browser
> download, Citibank supports both browser & integrated download, and Netbank
> will only let you direct import.

Someone might want to look at some perl code on this (I don't know
of similar functionality in python, ruby, ....  it might be there,
I just don't know about it).

The modules related to WWW::Search are set up to interact with
a web site, much as how a person would.  Ostensibly (sp?), the
web site being interacted with is some kind of search engine,
but I think things would work in this case.

Now WWW::Search and sub-modules, is kind of sensitive to the
exact setup of the web page it is talking to.  It often doesn't
take much of a change to stop the perl script from working.
WWW::Search::Scraper and WWW::Search::Scraper::Sherlock are
both abstrations to how WWW::Search examines the output from
a page.  Scraper is pretty much custom code, and Sherlock is
a mimic of the Apple code.  However, a while ago the Sherlock
project at Mozdev seems to have gone to sleep.  There is
another project at Mozdev, that started at about the time
Sherlock went to sleep called Mycroft.  And it contains
155 plugins (of 212 I believe) that work.  It may be possible
to bend that technology to the problem of downloading your
financial records.

No guarantees, just my $0.02 CDN.

Gord