A small query or two

Tony Bloomfield tonyb.lx@btinternet.com
Fri Jan 17 10:51:47 CST 2003

Hi folks, my first post to this list, and may I start by thanking all you=
=20
developers for producing what promises to be an excellent piece of software.

I'm running Suse 8.1 and experimented with V1.6.6 which came with that=20
release. I'm very impressed, but decided that I really need scheduled=20
transactions, and I thought online stock quotes might be useful, so I decid=
ed=20
to implement V1.7.7.

Thanks to instructions found in the archive, especially from Thomas Spahni,=
=20
ably assisted by John Reynolds (thanks guys), i've managed to implement it=
=20
from source with very little problem (other than continual loading of the=
=20
Suse DVD to load up all the Gnome stuff! If anyone wants a list of what I h=
ad=20
to install, feel free to email me.)

Before installing, I deleted my old experimental 1.6.6 file, and the .gnuca=
sh=20
directory inder my home. But now, when I start 1.7.7, I get an error messag=
e=20
to the effect that the old file cannot be found; not a show-stopper, but=20
annoying.

My question: where is the reference to this old file to be found, and how d=
o I=20
get rid of it?

I did have another question, but I just found the answer to it...

Cheers,
TonyB