Graphing "top X" expenses

James Howison james@freelancepropaganda.com
Tue Jan 21 16:19:08 CST 2003

Hi,

I love the graphing tools in Gnucash - they are really helping me out.

I am using the fink installed v 1.6.8 so perhaps this exists in "L'll
Devel" but I'll ask anyway ...

Is it possible to tell Gnucash to graph your top X expense accounts.
ie - I'd like to look at my top 10 expenses accounts in a pie or bar
graph format - I can see that I can specify which accounts to graph and
the number of categories (and that those above that go into Other) -
but I don't seem to be able to say "top 10".

When choosing the accounts to put into the "Other" category does
Gnucash choose the lowest values out of those that have been selected?
If so then a work-around for top 10 could be - select all accounts, say
graph 11 and ignore the "Other" account (but it would alter the impact
of the graph ....)

Also - it would be cool if the bar/pie graphs had a line that said -
"the accounts represented here constitute xx% of your expenses for the
period (underneath the period in the bar graphs).

Thanks in advance,

James