Release of GnuCash 1.7.8 "Lil Devil"

Chris Vine chris@cvine.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jan 21 22:18:06 CST 2003

On Tuesday 21 January 2003 7:03 pm, Roberto Meyer wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 03:14:33PM +0100, Stephan Budach wrote:
> > *This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm)
> >
> > Am Dienstag, 21.01.03, um 14:25 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Nigel
> >
> > Titley:
> > >You didn't ftp it down in text mode did you? This is the classic way to
> > >corrupt an archive in download.
> > >
> > >I don't know what method you used to download it, but if you used an
> > >ftp
> > >client, then this could be the reason. Make sure that you set it to
> > >"bin" mode for the download.
> >
> > Well, no. I didn´t use ftp. First I tried with Galeon and then again
> > with lynx. My third attempt was made from the Mac at my office, but I
> > can´t uncompress this one either, so I am having 3 shots without a hit,
> > on two different maschines. I will now try wget from my RH box, but I
> > don´t expect it to work, though.
>
> Maybe Galeon and lynx uncompressed it for you while downloading it.
>
> What does the 'file' program tells you? (ie: file <sourcefile>)
>
> If it's gziped you can test it with gunzip -t <sourcefile> and the same
> with tar. This will tell you if the file is corrupted...
>
> Good luck,

I downloaded gnucash-1.7.8 from www.gnucash.org using mozilla, which I have
never previously had problems with, and the gzip file is definitely corrupted
(at any rate, gzip 1.3.3 reports that it is "not in gzip format").  A
download with konqueror gave a byte by byte duplicate, which as it is
identical of course also won't unzip.

gnucash-1.7.7 and 1.6.8 from the same site are fine.

Chris.