Problems installing rpm on suse 8.0 pro

Damien Covey djcovey@softhome.net
Wed Jan 22 03:32:11 CST 2003

Tim Ashman wrote:

> I snagged the rpm for v1.7.8 because the source wasn't compiling for
> me.  Anyway I am at the point where the rpm reports that I need
> libguile.so.6.  I have libguile.so.9 and tried to symlink but no go.
>
> Where can I get this package/file
>
> Thanks.

I have a similar problem.  I need to find g-wrap-devel from somewhere.
I cannot find version 1.3.4 anywhere, the latest I could find was
1.2.1.  Does anyone know where I can find it ?

[root@server gnucash]# rpmbuild --rebuild --target=i686
gnucash-1.7.8-1.src.rpm
Installing gnucash-1.7.8-1.src.rpm
warning: user chris does not exist - using root
warning: user chris does not exist - using root
Building target platforms: i686
Building for target i686
error: Failed build dependencies:
        g-wrap-devel >= 1.3.4 is needed by gnucash-1.7.8-1
[root@server gnucash]#

Thanks
-Damien