Help Docs again

David Smith david_asmith at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 24 12:33:44 CST 2003

Thanks for the response, I know the help docs were separated after 1.6.8 and
downloaded and compiled the help docs after the main programme in the normal
way.
Strangely enough I tried to manually install Gnome on a Kde only system and
went through a nightmare of dependency problems trying to install even
1.6.8.
A lot of libraries and development packages are required to satisfy Gnucash.
The Gnome install manual is indeed excellent but my eyes went crossed with
all the reading I've been doing late into the night.
So I decided to perform a clean everything install of RH 7.3 on a spare
partition which incidentally includes Gnucash 1.6.6.  The help files are
accessible but on upgrading to 1.6.8 only the first html page seems to work.
The side bar menu gives the result of an unobtainable URL.
Now one of the things about my machine is that I've got a Rockwell/Conexant
chipset and yes I have actually obtained and installed the modified drivers
but as yet this system does not go online.  So it would seem that the
Gnucash help browser is looking for an external Url after the upgrade even
on 1.6.8
I do not know how to get it to point to the help files or even the French
ones which are the only html ones found manually.  Er, I don't think I want
to learn Gnucash in French right at the moment.  Now there are some very
nice png's in there so why wont Gnucash see them.  I still feel that I've
missed something possibly a path statement, any ideas?
Das