Question about importing QIF with 1.7.8

Morrison J. Chang mjchang at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jan 25 15:05:26 CST 2003

Apologies to the moderator, I sent this message before I properly signed up
to the mailing list,
so it should be sitting in your queue. Please ignore it.

I recently installed RedHat 8.0 (Workstation installation) and Gnucash
1.7.8 from sourceforge rpm
and I was trying to import a QIF file from Quicken 2000 which
holds a single stock and when the import druid gets to 'Set a date format
for this QIF file' I get
a blank date selection (no entries).

I get the error
Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkcombo.c: line 849 (gtk_combo_set_popdown_strings):
assertion 'strings != NULL' failed.

I've tried bank files (checking/savings) and I've seen the expected druid
pages.
Any ideas? Did I forget to download/install something?

Thanks.

-Morrison