Help docs RPM

Graeme Nichols gnichols at tpg.com.au
Mon Jan 27 12:27:34 CST 2003

Hello David,

On Sun, 2003-01-26 at 01:19, David Smith wrote:
> Thanks Graeme, but I was trying to install from the source tarball just as I
> had the main programme, which works properly to my knowledge.  Are you
> recommending installing the docs RPM instead of tarball?  I've avoided using
> RPM's even on Red Hat 7.3 as I had problems with the Xserver during the
> Nvidia graphics driver install and all the other libraries or programmes
> that I've installed from source have compiled with little fault.
> I did also try the RPM at one point and still found that the help in Gnucash
> will only access html files for 1.6.0 in the 'search' tab.  I'm generally
> comfortable compiling my own kernels but I feel there is a link missing and
> it could well be me, so I will try again - and again - etc.
> Das
I am running RH8 and it came with 1.6 which had the help files in it (I
believe). I upgraded to 1.7.7 to get the scheduled transaction feature
using the RH8 rpm. I rpm -e gnucash before installing 1.7.7. No problems
with the rpm. But there were no help files and was informed about the
separate help package. I then installed the gnucash-docs RH8 rpm. Again
no problems. I then d'loaded the gnucash 1.7.8 RH8 rpm and did a rpm
-Uvh. Again no problems. I didn't use any of the other rpm that was
available.

HTH
--

Kind regards,

Graeme.

"Your arguments are very well and are theoretically sound, but if ever
payment of members comes into force, it will result in Parliament being
flooded with men of mediocre ability and may eventually open the doors
to a regime of terrorism and corruption."

Sir Henry Parkes in reply to Jacob Garrard, member for Balmain, on the
subject of payment to members of Parliament. 1880.