Importing an OFX file more than once

Rob Prior rv7 at b4.ca
Sat Jan 25 22:52:29 CST 2003

What would happen if I were to import an OFX file more than once?  Are the
individual transactions marked with unique ID's that would be recognized by
gnucash, so it wouldn't duplicate entries?

I'm trying to debug a mismatched balance on one of my accounts, and I think
I may have deleted a small block of transactions by mistake.  I've been
keeping my downloaded OFX files just in case I have to start over, and I
know which OFX file they would be in, i'm just concerned I may screw up the
transactions that I *didn't* delete by trying to import a complete file.

This would be an "incremental" update downloaded from my bank, not a
"complete" transaction list, if it matters.

Thanks in advance for any pointers,
-RB4

--
---------