Using gnucash 1.7.8 with guile 1.6

Hans de Graaff hans at degraaff.org
Sat Jan 25 22:27:28 CST 2003

I'm trying to run gnucash 1.7.8 with guile 1.6, but this does not seem
to work yet. Initially I ran into trouble because the gnucash 1.6
install left some sfri files around which were picked up by gnucash
1.7.8. After removing these I found that sfri functions were still
loaded from main.scm. I've commented these out, and now gnucash will
start up.

However, when I try to access the preferences from the Edit menu
gnucash crashes with the following text:

ERROR: In procedure gh_scm2int:
ERROR: Wrong type (inexact) argument in position 1: 0.0

gh_scm2int is used in a lot of places, so it is a bit hard to track
down the source of this problem. I'd be happy to get additional clues
as to where to look to fix this.

Hans