how to stop windows from popping up

Conrad Canterford conrad at mail.watersprite.com.au
Fri Jan 31 09:50:12 CST 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 04:48, jeff covey wrote:
> how can i stop gnucash from popping up new windows?  every time i
> doubleclick an account, it opens its register in a new window instead
> of just in a new tab.  it's very cumbersome, and i can't find a way to
> shut it off.  i've tried all the mdi settings in the preferences, and
> even "single window" doesn't use a single window.  :)

Simple answer: you can't. The MDI settings only affect the main window,
which is the account list and any reports. Registers will always be in a
separate window. The same will also apply in 1.8.

The conversion to Gnome 2.0 will give us an opportunity to revisit this.
I'm hoping we can make this possible as a part of the conversion process
(but since I won't be doing the coding, its not really up to me).

Conrad.
--
Conrad Canterford  (conrad at mail.watersprite.com.au)
Water Sprite Pty Ltd   |  url - http://www.watersprite.com.au/