Mandrake 9 and -lqthreads

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 31 12:19:00 CST 2003

Hi,

> Having made it all the way through the Makefile configuration, the
> 'Make' ground to a halt because of this:
>
> /usr/bin/ld cannot find -lqthreads
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> Make [5]: ***[test-load-c] Error 1***
>
> Now, when I looked in the alphabet soup generated by 'make' I saw
> lqthreads in this context: /usr/lib/libguile.so -lqthreads.
>
> What should I do next, please?

Generally this implies that you upgraded part of guile but not all of
it, or you upgraded/downgraded guile without reconfiguring and
rebuilding BOTH g-wrap and gnucash.

Unfortunately I don't know much about Mandrake, but I know that Red
Hat had this problem between two different versions of guile, where
they added 'qthreads' to a later release.  At least on my RH system,
libqthreads is distributed as part of the guile (and guile-devel)
packages.

Make sure that you clear out your config.cache and rebuild g-wrap,
then clear your config.cache and rebuild gnucash.