Problem with re-invested dividend in Mutual Fund acct.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 31 16:55:35 CST 2003

Hi,

> A reply to another user having a similar problem said to enter the
> dividend into the income account associated with the mutual account and
> transfer it to the mutual account. I have been spectacularly
> unsuccessful in that endeavour! BUT.... that scenario does work if I
> make it a stock account instead of a mutual fund account.

It certainly works for me.

pre-requisites:
* a mutual fund account of type "Mutual Fund"
* an income account of type "Income"

process to enter dividend:
- Open up my mutual fund account.
- in the "transfer" column, enter your "Income:Dividends:Mutual Fund" account
- enter the number of shares that were bought during the reinvestment
- enter the per-share price that were bought during the reinvestment

That's it -- it should compute the correct value.

If this process does not work for you, please let me know.  Or, if
you were performing a different process, please let me know.