make problems on solaris8 (here we go again...)

Gerlich, Rene Rene.Gerlich at commerzbank.com
Wed Jul 2 18:22:39 CDT 2003

cheers everyone!

well, finally the ./configure on my solaris8 box works! thanks to derek!

now the bugger hangs during make (see below)

make  all-recursive
Making all in intl
Making all in m4
Making all in macros
Making all in debian
Making all in doc
Making all in examples
rm -f gnc-prices.1.tmp
sed <  > gnc-prices.1.tmp \
            -e 's:@-VERSION-@:1.8.4:g' \
            -e 's:@-DATE-@::g'
sh: syntax error at line 1: `>' unexpected
*** Error code 2
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `gnc-prices.1'
Current working directory /export/download/gnucash/gnucash-1.8.4/doc
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /export/download/gnucash/gnucash-1.8.4/doc
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /export/download/gnucash/gnucash-1.8.4
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive-am'

i have enabled --disable-error-on-warning so it won't exit right away (maybe
not so smart?)

i would be very thankful if anyone (maybe derek ;-) knows a way out here. if
you need more data (configure output, make output, environment, ...) please
let me know

cheers

rene