glib-config

Andrew Stone exister99 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 2 16:58:23 CDT 2003

Hello,

I am trying to build the gnucash-1.8.4 from source on RH 9.  When I run
./configure I get

checking for glib-config... no
checking for GLIB - version >= 0.99.7... no
*** The glib-config script installed by GLIB could not be found
*** If GLIB was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GLIB_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to glib-config.
configure: error: Cannot find glib. Check config.log

I installed glib-2.2.2, but this did not result in the existence of
glib-config as required by gnucash's ./configure script.

I have heard rumors that glib-config is obsolete and replaced by pkg-config.
  If this is so then why does the latest gnucash require glib-config?  Do I
need to install an older version of glib?

Any help is appreciated, Andrew Stone