list quoting policy?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 4 10:26:34 CDT 2003

Eric,

Eric Schwartz <emschwar at debian.org> writes:

> Is there a list quoting policy?  I ask only because I get the digest
> form of gnucash-user, and it seems several people are replying in a
> top-posting style.  Personally, I find that annoying, but I don't mind
> if the list thinks it's okay.

There is not a "list quoting policy" per se, but top-posting is
certainly "allowed".

As for quoting every email in a thread -- _SOMETIMES_ it is useful
when trying to track down a hard-to-find problem.  Having all the
"transaction history" right in front of you (well, right in front of
me ;) can be extremely useful at times.

Granted, I usually just "save the thread" in Gnus so it's not a huge
issue -- IF I know ahead of time that it might be a challenging issue.

I admit that I've been pretty poor about quoting recently -- it's
partly laziness, and I too appologize to the list.  But it WILL happen
again ;)