upgrade question

BenoitGrégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Fri Jul 4 12:43:20 CDT 2003

On July 4, 2003 10:37 am, Phil wrote:
> I'm interested enough to learn more about what is involved and how often
> releases come out.  If it's how you describe then I could commit for every
> gnucash release.
>
> I'm fairly new to linux but working on improving my abilities all the time.
>  I've been a programmer for about 10 years but mostly on AS/400's which has
> a completely different commandline syntax to unix.
>
> I read a thread on mandrakeusers.org
> http://www.mandrakeusers.org/viewtopic.php?t=5559&postdays=0&postorder=asc&
>start=0 where a user needed to use cooker packages to get it to compile.  If
> that's necessary, though, then I'm not inclined to want to do it.  I've
> been bitten by cooker packages in the past and have learned it's best to
> wait for them to become official.

Compiling it on mandrake shouldn't be very difficult, as it's a fairly up to
date distribution.  Mandrake is what I use to develop, and I'd maintain the
mandrake packages myself, but my system always tends to drift towards cooker
between releases, so I can't do it without sending people down the path of
dependency hell.

--
Benoit Grégoire
http://step.polymtl.ca/~bock/