Jobs and Actions

Mike Rothon miker at mazpro.co.uk
Wed Jul 9 23:37:08 CDT 2003

I am just starting a small business, and being a linux fan hope to be
able to use GnuCash.

I have run into a few areas that I don't believe are covered by the
documentation that I would appreciate some help with:

1. It is possible to set-up customer jobs and associate those with bills
from vendors (Default Chargeback Project). However I can't find any way
of automatically charging these costs in an invoice.

2. On the invoice line it is possible to select an "action" from one of
material, hours or projects. Is it possible to extend this to include
days etc.?

3. Have any UK users got any tips on producing a VAT return and the
configuration of the Tax Tables to achieve this?

Finally on a general note one thing that I really miss from Sage Instant
Accounting is the ability to setup some standard items to charge on the
invoice line (i.e. Green Widget = £23.40). I'm not looking for a full
stock system, but the ability to have a standard cost against an item
saves an awful lot of typing!!

Thanks and regards,

Mike Rothon.