Problem importing ms money 2002 data

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Jul 12 01:26:55 CDT 2003

Sebastien Millet <milletse at club-internet.fr> writes:

> Hello,
>
> > Hmm.. I wonder if this is the internationalization problem --
> > QIF is just a text file.  What are the first two lines of your
> > QIF file(s)?
>
> the first two lines the main QIF are :
>
> !Type :Bank
> D07/09'2000
>
> in the 3 other QIF files only the date changes, the first line is the same.

Well, the problem is obvious..    The !Type is invalid...

> note : the space between "Type" and ':' is char 0xA0 (appears as
> <A0> when viewed with "less").

This <A0> is the problem.  The parser certainly sees this is a QIF
file, but can't understand the type that's provided, so it loads no
transactions.  If you remove the <A0> character then it should get
read properly.

I love how M$ decides to slightly change the format....

> I also have accentued letters in my categories (ex : "intérêts"),
> could this cause problem ?

Nope, that should be fine.