Error compiling

Sydney Weidman weidmans at mts.net
Sat Jul 12 15:50:56 CDT 2003

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question, but here goes:

I was trying to compile gnucash which in turn requires gtkhtml. So I
downloaded gtkhtml-1.1.10.tar.gz and ran (as root)

rpm -ta gtkhml-1.1.10.tar.gz

and it configured properly and started to compile. But it errors out as
follows:

grep: /home/weidmans/garnome/lib/libaudiofile.la: No such file or
directory
sed: can't read /home/weidmans/garnome/lib/libaudiofile.la: No such file
or directory
libtool: link: `/home/weidmans/garnome/lib/libaudiofile.la' is not a
valid libtool archive

How is it that libtool is picking up a normal user directory when I am
compiling as root? Moreover, I haven't even installed garnome as user
weidmans. Does anyone have any idea where I might look for more info?

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Syd.