.xac and .log files?

Diane Mackay diane at mackmoon.com
Thu Jul 17 10:56:21 CDT 2003

Kevin Kempter wrote:
> in the directory where i saved my gnucash file I see a growing number of
> .xac and .log files the .xac files (i.e. GCdata.20030714162346.xac) are
> over 5meg each. What are these files for and can I delete them?

Hi Kevin,

There is a discussion about these in the Help files.  For version 1.8.1,
  this info can be found by opening the help menu, select Tutorial and
Concepts Guide, maximize the window that pops up, select section 2 Basic
Structure and Setup, then select section 2.7 Backing up and Protecting Data.

HTH,
Diane