questions about recording stock transactions ...

dcw dwoody1 at airmail.net
Thu Jul 17 15:07:10 CDT 2003

I am reviewing Gnucash to see if it does what I need. After looking at the
documentation I have several questions.

I buy and sell stock options. Should they be entered just like a stock
transaction? If so, how does Gnucash know or how would you indicate that the
option had expired?

I there anyway to import a QIF file automatically or do I have to be at the
keyboard to do it?

Also, can a report be printed automatically or does that require
keyboard/mouse input?

Other than the above questions Gnucash fits my needs very well.

Thanks for your help,

David