UK company VAT account structure, updated

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 22 14:24:07 CDT 2003

Jon Lapham <lapham at extracta.com.br> writes:

> Derek Atkins wrote:
> > No, contributed XEAs will be part of the "File -> New File" hierarchy
> > druid list of accounts..
>
> Sure, naturally.
>
> I wasn't going to put the actual XEA file in the appendix, just the
> instructions, explanation, etc, on using it.

Ah, sorry... Must have misunderstood what you meant by "copy the
original email into the appendix".  You are certainly welcome to
have locale-specific appendices.

> For example, here in Brazil the layout of a business's chart of
> accounts is prescribed by law, you have no choice.  So, I was going to
> make an XEA for the layout, which would be available from the "File ->
> New File" area, as always.  But, to explain all the various accounts,
> how to use them, etc, I was hoping to use an appendix.  Because, there
> is a lot of strangeness that needs explaining.

Ok.  That sounds eminently reasonable.