accounts payable

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Thu Jul 24 12:26:08 CDT 2003

Jean-David Beyer wrote:
> Jon Lapham wrote (in part):
>  > Using the integrated A/P system in GnuCash:
>  >
>  > Firstly, the system is quite nice, but let me bounce some
>  > ideas/questions off everyone to make sure I'm fully understanding.
>  >
>  > What is the recommended way to bill something from which there is no
>  >  obvious job and/or chargeback project?  For example, the purchasing
>  > of paper products for the office.  You could create a Job, maybe
>  > called "Office Supplies", or simply leave the Job empty?  The
>  > "chargeback" would go to the company itself, I guess?
>  >
> I would suppose that billing some entity requires such an entity. These
> things you mention have no such entity.
>
> You would need an account, such as "overhead" or "general and
> administrative," to which you "bill" these items.

There is a place in the bill where you specify what expense account to
balance the transaction.  Is that what you mean?

If so, the specification of the expense account (which works with
accounts) is different from setting the job and chargeback (which works
with Customers).

Uh, I think.  :)

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil