accounts payable

Jean-David Beyer jdbeyer at exit109.com
Thu Jul 24 11:03:35 CDT 2003

Jon Lapham wrote (in part):
 > Using the integrated A/P system in GnuCash:
 >
 > Firstly, the system is quite nice, but let me bounce some
 > ideas/questions off everyone to make sure I'm fully understanding.
 >
 > What is the recommended way to bill something from which there is no
 >  obvious job and/or chargeback project?  For example, the purchasing
 > of paper products for the office.  You could create a Job, maybe
 > called "Office Supplies", or simply leave the Job empty?  The
 > "chargeback" would go to the company itself, I guess?

I would suppose that billing some entity requires such an entity. These
things you mention have no such entity.

You would need an account, such as "overhead" or "general and
administrative," to which you "bill" these items.

--
   .~.  Jean-David Beyer           Registered Linux User 85642.
   /V\                             Registered Machine    73926.