Gnucash on Windows and Searching Mailing list

Luugi Marsan lmarsan at matrox.com
Thu Jul 24 17:11:47 CDT 2003

Herman wrote:

>But how can I run gnucash on Windows? Actually, what's the
>

>>best way to run it on Windows. I can't seem to find info on this.
>>

>Hmm, the best way to do that is to go to www.mandrake.com, download the three
>CDs and install Mandrake Linux on your Windows machine.  Mandrake is very
>nice and will allow you to dual boot.  GNU Cash comes with Mandrake, so you
>are then all set.
>
>A more satisfying way, is to make a clean Mandrake install, then go to
>Netraverse and get Win4Lin and install WinME on top of that.  Then you have a
>Linux machine that can run windows applications concurrently.
>
>A more powerful way, is to install Mandrake on a server and use VNC to log
>into that server from a Windows client and run GNU Cash remotely.

Thank you for the response.

Thats the best way of using gnucash?? I myself have Linux installed at
work and at home. This is for my girlfriend. There's no way I'm going to
make her do all of this for one application. I've been using gnucash for
a month and I love it. Now my girlfriend wants to use it, but without
repartionning her drive or buying another hardrive or setting up a
server. :)

In other ways are you telling me it's impossible to run gnucash on
Windows? Or there's no simple way of doing it?

Luugi