Gnucash on Windows and Searching Mailing list

Herman Herman at AerospaceSoftware.com
Thu Jul 24 15:27:31 CDT 2003

On Thursday 24 July 2003 2:11 pm, Luugi Marsan wrote:

> In other ways are you telling me it's impossible to run gnucash on
> Windows? Or there's no simple way of doing it?
>
> Luugi

Nope, in my experience, GNU Cash is a very bleeding edge application and
doesn't take kindly to other environments.

I suggest you let your GF VNC into your machine, but Linux is now so easy to
use, lay people have no problems with it.  The wife has some machines running
Windoze and some running Mandrake with Win4Lin and WinME.  Her secretaries
have no problems with it - they just run their applications - don't care what
lies underneath.

Totally clueless users are actually easier to handle than partially clued up
users, but that is another story...

Cheers,
--
Herman Oosthuysen, B.Eng.(E), Member IEEE
255 Edenwold Drive NW, Calgary, AB, T3A 4A4