UK company VAT account structure, updated

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Fri Jul 25 10:20:07 CDT 2003

Bill Wohler wrote:
> Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> writes:
>
>>Jon Lapham <lapham at extracta.com.br> writes:
>>
>>>I created "Appendix D: contributed account heirarchies" and put the
>>>text from Vincent's original email in section 1.
>>>
>>>Is everyone happy with that?  Vincent, is that okay?  Derek, is this
>>>the right way to go about explaining contributed xeas?
>>
>>No, contributed XEAs will be part of the "File -> New File" hierarchy
>>druid list of accounts..
>
> In that case, shouldn't the descriptions of any files that are
> distributed with gnucash be included in the description of File -> New
> File rather than in the appendix? The appendix would be a good place to
> describe files that are not distributed with gnucash, but are
> nonetheless useful.

My feeling is that (of course) all the XEA should be described in the
File -> New File area.  Most of the time, that should be sufficient.
However, for complex XEAs (ie: business setups), you could
*additionally* have an appendix.

The example I gave was the Brazilian accounting laws which describe in
minute detail what your chart of accounts layout is, and describe
exactly what goes into each account.  There are literally hundreds of
accounts, each with its own peculiarities.  There is no way to put all
that in the description field of File -> New File.

So, bottom line, the use of an appendix is optional with XEAs, nothing
changes in how XEAs work now.

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil