Gnucash account tree

Kofi Laing laing at eecs.tufts.edu
Fri Jul 25 20:46:46 CDT 2003

Hi,

A quick question; is it possible to get gnucash to open up with the
account tree fully expanded (ie no [+]s; instead it has only [-]s and
as many rows of accounts as possible).

I have a lot of accounts (because I use different logical accounts
inside one physical account in order to perform budgeting).  Eg. one
real checking account (bank account) contains about 12 logical
accounts -- for all the different categories I budget for.  And of
course there are even more expense accounts because in general one
logical (budget) account pays for many expense accounts.

So it isn't very helpful that everytime gnucash starts up the account
tree is as small as possible (fully contracted).  I *hate* using the
mouse to open each one so I can see everything,

Is there a way around it?

Kofi L.
http://www.eecs.tufts.edu/~laing/