Finance::Quote 1.08 released

Bill Suit bsuit at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 29 18:07:43 CDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 10:56, Robert Uhl wrote:
> Bill Suit <bsuit at bellsouth.net> writes:
> >
> > and it retried five times before I finally stopped the process.  Where
> > do I configure this process to use the wget ftp application?  or where
> > can I get more specific info on CPAN? TIA, Bill
>
> The easiest thing is to just use the CPAN module.  The first time you
> use it, you need to do a _little_ bit of configuration.  You can take
> all the defaults, except to make sure that you are _not_ asked whether
> or not to install/upgrade pre-requisites (makes life a lot easier).  To
> use the CPAN module:
>
>   sudo perl -MCPAN -e shell
>
> Then fill out the config info (first time only--after that it's
> assumed), and after a time you'll get a CPAN shell.  Now all you have to
> do is install the latest version of Finance::Quote:
>
>   install Finance::Quote
>
> That's it!

Many thanks to David and Robert. After mucking about for an hour or so,
which included upgrading perl, I opened a CPAN shell and ran 'install
Finance::Quote'. It picked up the newest 1.08 version(confirmed with
David's find command). At some point I must have trampled the module
somehow, as it had worked previously. Oh well. Learned another new thing
or two. Bill