Incorrect balances in Accounts window

Diane Mackay diane at mackmoon.com
Wed Jul 30 16:24:23 CDT 2003

Derek Atkins wrote:

> I never use the G/L for _any_ transaction entry...

If this is the intention, then the copy transaction, paste transaction
(etc.) functions should not be available with the general ledger open.
The more I consider this, the more comes back to me.  I am sure that
these were functions I was using, when analyzing and reworking my
transactions when I was doing my initial data entry into gnucash.  The
general ledger allowed me to see my more complicated transactions in
such a way that I could make sense out of them, when I started to get
confused by them.  And because all the data entry functions are
available when there, it did not occur to me NOT to make transactions in
that window.

They all worked too...except for the account totalling glitch.

Diane