1.8.2: CRITICAL errors and Warnings

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 2 11:51:22 CDT 2003

Well, these errors are related.  The CRITICAL failures are due to the
fact that the program is trying to create a commodity XML tree from a
NULL pointer (line 93 is the first test in
commodity_ref_to_dom_tree().  So, the real "error" here is that you've
got some transactions without any currency.

Unfortunately I don't know what to tell you..  I don't know how many
transactions you have, so searching for the "broken" transactions
may not be easy.  If you look on line 415 in src/engine/Scrub.c you
can find this particular message; you could add additional information
at that point to print out more information about the Transaction,
like its date, description, or GUID.  Using that information might help
track down the errant transactions.

Once we figure out where the problem is coming from we can work on
fixing it.

-derek