1.8.2: CRITICAL errors and Warnings

Randall Hopper listaddr at charter.net
Mon Jun 2 18:38:41 CDT 2003

Derek Atkins:
 |Randall Hopper <listaddr at charter.net> writes:
 |> Warning: xaccTransScrubCurrency: no common transaction currency found
 |>
 |> ** CRITICAL **: file sixtp-dom-generators.c: line 93 (commodity_ref_to_dom_tree): assertion `c' failed.
 |
 |Well, these errors are related.  The CRITICAL failures are due to the
 |fact that the program is trying to create a commodity XML tree from a
 |NULL pointer (line 93 is the first test in commodity_ref_to_dom_tree().
 |So, the real "error" here is that you've got some transactions without
 |any currency.

Ok.

 |Unfortunately I don't know what to tell you..  I don't know how many
 |transactions you have, so searching for the "broken" transactions
 |may not be easy.

> grep 'gnc:transaction version' gnucash.dat | wc -l
   1919

 |can find this particular message; you could add additional information
 |at that point to print out more information about the Transaction,
 |like its date, description, or GUID.  Using that information might help
 |track down the errant transactions.

I just installed from binary packages.

 |Once we figure out where the problem is coming from we can work on
 |fixing it.

Ok, from looking at the XML of gnucash.dat, how do I tell which
transactions have an associated currency and which don't.  It's not
apparent from just looking at the file.

Just stabbing in the dark:

> egrep '<(gnc:account|act:currency>)' gnucash.dat | sort | uniq -c
    225   <act:currency>
    225 <gnc:account version="2.0.0">

it looks like all the accounts have a currency.

Thanks,

Randall