problem with overrides script in 1.8.4 from fink

Kaaren Shalom & Richard Gilligan cosmodog at attbi.com
Thu Jun 5 13:26:59 CDT 2003

A few days ago I upgraded my gnucash to 1.8.4 via fink.

The next time I tried to launch gnucash I got this console message:

/sw/lib/gnucash/overrides/guile: exec: guile-1.6: not found

I have since edited /sw/lib/gnucash/overrides/guile to include a full
path to guile-1.6 and my gnucash now launches.
I did not have to do this with earlier versions, and my "solution"
doesn't feel particularly correct.

Anyone else have this problem?  Or care to suggest a better solution?

TIA,

Richard

P.S.

I seem to have two guiles installed 1.4 and 1.6. I thought that might
be the problem so I tried to remove 1.4 but dpkg would not do it, at
which point I came to the edge of my understanding and turned back.

[newthang:~] admin% fink list guile
Information about 2535 packages read in 11 seconds.

  i   guile            1.4-7        Embedable Scheme interpreter
      guile-dev        1.4-7        Embedable Scheme interpreter
  i   guile-shlibs     1.4-7        Embedable Scheme interpreter
  i   guile16          1.6.4-1      Embedable Scheme interpreter
  i   guile16-dev      1.6.4-1      Development package for guile16
  i   guile16-libs     1.6.4-1      Scheme libraries and modules for
guile16
  i   guile16-shlibs   1.6.4-1      Shared libraries for guile16
[newthang:~] admin%

[newthang:~] admin% fink remove guile
sudo /sw/bin/fink  remove guile
Password:
Information about 2535 packages read in 2 seconds.

dpkg --remove guile
dpkg: dependency problems prevent removal of guile:
  gconf-shlibs depends on guile.
  guppi16-shlibs depends on guile.
dpkg: error processing guile (--remove):
  dependency problems - not removing
  guile
### execution of dpkg failed, exit code 1
Failed: can't remove package guile
[newthang:~] admin%