Stock accounts

Joerg Pommnitz gnucash at joerg-pommnitz.de
Tue Jun 10 12:28:15 CDT 2003

Hi list,
I just caught up with entering my stock transactions until the end of
last year
(all the pain and misery were back again ;-)). The way I set things up
is that
I have a Stock account that represents my broker and sub accounts for every
stock I ever owned:

Accounts+

        +Broker+
               +Stock A
               +Stock B
               +Stock C

This is very hard to read, because stocks I don't own anymore clutter the
display. According to the feature list on GnuCash.org there is:

"Stock/Mutual Fund Portfolios
Track stocks individually (one per account) or in portfolio of accounts
(a group of accounts that can be displayed together)."

So, I think I'm currently doing the "Track stocks individually" way. How
do I do the "portfolio of accounts"? If it's a FAQ or RTFM, I'd like to
know where to read it, because I coud not find it.

Thanks in advance
  Joerg