Stock accounts

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jun 10 11:12:58 CDT 2003

Joerg Pommnitz <gnucash at joerg-pommnitz.de> writes:

> This is very hard to read, because stocks I don't own anymore clutter the
> display. According to the feature list on GnuCash.org there is:

See bug #87082.

> "Stock/Mutual Fund Portfolios
> Track stocks individually (one per account) or in portfolio of accounts
> (a group of accounts that can be displayed together)."

I think that by "portfolio of accounts" it means that you still have
the existing hierarchy of accounts but it displays all the
sub-accounts together in one register.

> So, I think I'm currently doing the "Track stocks individually" way. How
> do I do the "portfolio of accounts"? If it's a FAQ or RTFM, I'd like to
> know where to read it, because I coud not find it.

Honestly, I have no idea how to set it up that way..  I don't think
GnuCash actually supports it.  Where in the documentation did you find
that statement?