[pr_paru@yahoo.com: HELP]

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 12 11:35:56 CDT 2003

Hi,

linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas) writes:

> forwarded message to gnucash-user at gnucash.org
>
> From: Parvathy Periyakaruppan <pr_paru at yahoo.com>
> Subject: HELP
> To: gnucash-user-owner at lists.gnucash.org
>
> I have the following doubts in GNU cash:
>
> 1.  Is there any option to view the entries either
> monthwise or yearwise?

View -> Select Transactions -> Date Range

> 2.  Can I save only the account heads from one file to
> another?  Can this copying be done with the respective
> account balances also?

File -> Export Accounts

But it only copies the accounts.  Balances are not copied.
Customer and Vendor information is not copied, either.

We are still working on real end-of-period processing, which is
what it sounds like you want.

> 3.  How do I find out the billwise amount pending from
> the accounts receivable (This is in case of multiple
> invoices raised by the same supplier and part payments
> being made for different invoices)

Assuming you're using the 1.8 business features, you can
run a "Receivables Aging" report to find out how much each
Customer owes you, or you can run a Customer Report to see
an expanded list of transactions.

> 4.  Is it possible to carry forward the balances of
> one financial year to another file for entries of the
> next financial year

See above about end-of-period processing.