dynamic-library error [probably user error :-)]

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 13 15:15:44 CDT 2003

Terence Kent <unix_newbie at earthlink.net> writes:

>  Derek,
>
>    Sorry about forgetting to CC, I always do that...
>
>  Anyway, I got all my rpms, minus openhbci (I got that from
> openhbci.sourceforge.net) from www.gnucash.org. Maybe I should have
> gotten them rpmfind or something?

Nope... You should never use what you find from rpmfind.
You should grab hbci from gnucash.org as well.

>  Well, I ran the strace gnucash, and I think I know what I am missing
> now! The last none-memory-address line before it exits is:
>
>  /usr/lib/libgtkhtml.so.20", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
> directory).
>
> So I went ahead and got this from redhats website(the package name is
> libgtkhtml-i18n-1.0.4-3.i386.rpm) I noticed there was no file by that
> name in my /usr/lib or usr/lib/gnucash directory. Should there be? I
> have a few libgtkhtml-1.1 and libgtkhtml-2 should I symlink them or is
> this not the problem at all?

Where did you get gtkhtml-1.1?  It's not distributed with RH8.  Did
you do something stupid^H^H^H^H^H^Hsilly like use redcarpet?  The RPMS
are built against the RH8-distributed RPMS, and you don't have it.
Revert back to gtkhtml-1.0.4-3 which is distributed with RH8.

-derek