dynamic-library error [probably user error :-)]

Terence Kent unix_newbie at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 14 08:25:25 CDT 2003

Got farther!

 So the last post was just me being stupid (*Sorry!). The issue wasn't
my version of libgtkhtml ( tried both ) It was that I was didn't read
the error message! It was looking for libgtkhtml.so.20 and I didn't have
a file by the name. I just symlinked libgtkhtml-2.so.0.0.0 to that file
name and got right around it.

 Now gnucash starts to load but exits out with an error of:

  gnucash: [W] "failure loading "#f

 when I did a strace gnucash I found that the error was with it opening
a temporary file. Unfortunately that file name changes every time it is
launched so I can't just make on in my /tmp/ directory for it to use. I
noticed that it appears to make and then remove a ton of tmp files but
exits right after it would have launched past the loading splash screen.
(which looks very nice btw)

The trace ends with this error every time...

 write(1, "gnucash: [W] \"failure loading \"#"..., 34) = 34

 Sorry to keep bothering you, but your help is really appreciated!!!

  Terry.