GNUCash crash and recover

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 13 17:38:16 CDT 2003

Roland Roberts <roland at astrofoto.org> writes:

>     Derek> The only way, currently, is to re-enter them by hand.  The
>     Derek> next version (1.8.5) will have a log replay function, but
>     Derek> it also changes the log format so it wont really help you
>     Derek> now.
>
> Is an auto-save option also in the works?

Not directly...  The current plan is to move to an embedded-mysql
backend and the default (instead of XML), which gives provides
your #2 option.. Basically, every "commit" will save your data.

Until then, "save early, save often".  Personally, I hit the "save"
button every time I close a register window, to make sure my changes
get saved.  Sometimes I just hit save for the heck of it.

-derek