[gnucash-user-owner@lists.gnucash.org: gnucash-user post from brian.horton@attglobal.net requires approval]

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Sat Jun 14 17:22:47 CDT 2003

Hi,
please subscribe to the mailing list.

--linas

----- Forwarded message from gnucash-user-owner at lists.gnucash.org -----
following mailing list posting:

From: Brian Horton <brian.horton at attglobal.net>
To: gnucash-user at lists.gnucash.org
Subject: qif import: no duplicates matched

I imported at seperate times a qif from my bank for my checking account,
savings account, and credit cards. There are several transactions in
each that are transfers back and forth. Yet the imported didn't flag any
as duplicates, so I ended up with a good number of them.

What are my options? I guess my only option now is to go thru and delete
the dups by hand, right? What about in the future? Is there anyway that
I can make it recognize the dup's better? Should/can I edit the .qif's
somehow before importing them so that it recognizes them better? Or
would dups get detected better if I imported the .qif's at the same
time? or..? (I haven't tried it, but would gnucash like it better if the
bank qif's had "transfer" instead of "t'fer"?) Should I rename my
accounts so that they have the same name (ie, 1111S1) as in the .qif?

There are some settings in the preferences related to Match score, and
auto-ADD and auto-CLEAR, but I can't tell from the help if these will
affect this or not..

Using 1.8.4 on RH8.0. Here are some bits from the .qif's that are dups
that didn't get recognized as dups:

Checking.qif: (1111S5 account)
D02/26/2003
PT'FER FROM 1111S1
T52.00
^
D02/26/2003
PCITIBANK-AUTOPAY/PAYMENT/
T-1851.58
^

Savings.qif (1111S1 account)
D02/26/2003
PT'FER TO 1111S5
T-52.00
^

CitibankCreditCard.qif:
D02/26/2003
T1851.58
PAUTOPAY 000000000004571RAUTOPAY AUTO-PMT
^

thx!!!

.bri.

Subject: confirm 775d9cec289ce967ba7462b3befd24d2f90e8a83