Stock price calculator bug

plussier at mindspring.com plussier at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 18 11:11:27 CDT 2003

  David> I have a problem with the stock calculator. When I try to put
  David> a record gnucash always convert the price to '1' and convert
  David> the 'shares' number and the 'buy' number to an odd number.

  Rene> i have a similar problem with gnucash-1.6.6 on solaris

I remember this happening under 1.6.6, but if you edited the stock
account ledger manually, everything was fine. I'm not sure what's
going on with 1.8.2, I just tried it, and ran into the same problem.
But not only that, the fields were wrong!

If I moved $3000 from my "checking" account to my "stock" account,
the stock ledger said I had 1 share at $3000/share.  If I then tried
to edit that transaction to be X shares at $3000/X per share, then
tried to record the transaction, it "auto-balanced" the transaction
and said I had 1 share at $2998.98 per share?!

Something is rather fluky in there me thinks :)
--

Seeya,
Paul