Integrating Inventory System into GNUCash.

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Fri Jun 20 11:41:32 CDT 2003

On 19 Jun 2003, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Nope.   Are you interested in doing one?
>
> -derek
>
> "Binod Prdhan" <zyxel at info.com.np> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >    Has there been project for integrating inventory system on GNU
> > CASH.
> > Binod Pradhan

I can see how an integrated inventory system would be a great
enhancement for both home users and for business users; for home users
for using as a home inventory for uses such as insurance - knowing the
purchase price and (estimated or replacement, or both) values of
household contents (and, being able to find the location - "Where do we
keep that computer?" :) ), and, for businesses, obviously useful for
businesses that sell goods (rather than, or, in addition to, services).

>From what I have read on the Architecture web page, if my understanding
is correct, GnuCash appears to be written in mostly guile/scheme. The
Price/Quotes component mentioned, appears to be in Perl. If someone was
to write an inventory component, could it be written in Perl?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."