possible database coruption question

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 19 23:55:28 CDT 2003

Well, if you were in the process of saving the file when the power
went out it's certainly possible the save was corrupted.  Go find
the most recent backup copy and restore from there.  GnuCash saves 30
days worth of backups.  So, if your file is named "accounts", your
backups will be named "accounts.YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.xac".  Just copy the most
recent backup file into a new data file, "accounts2" and try opening
that.

Note that you'll not have your most recent changes, but it should at
leave give you a working datafile.

-derek